Chocolate Banana Breakfast Muffins – A Post Yoga Treat
So my lovely early morning yoga class appears to have morphed into a little post breakfast club that means not only does the class leave feeling energised for the day but with a delicious little treat to take away with them as they jump on trains and in their cars to commute to work! My lovely yogi friend Emma baked these delicious Chocolate Banana Muffins (recipe courtesy of good old Nigella!) a few weeks ago and I’ve been meaning to share the recipe with you all because they were MEGA TASTY..so here it is. They are dairy and nut free, and although they have a little bit of sugar if you are using really ripe bananas you can cut down on the sugar by half… PLUS we all deserve a treat from time to time.
They make a lovely breakfast treat or snack so I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Makes: 12 muffins
- 3 very ripe or overripe bananas
- 125 millilitres vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 100 grams soft light brown sugar
- 225 grams plain flour
- 3 tablespoons best-quality cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6 and line a 12-bun muffin tin with papers. Don’t worry about getting special papers: regular muffin cases will do the job.
- Mash the bananas by hand or with a freestanding mixer. Still beating and mashing, add the oil followed by the eggs and sugar.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder and bicarb together and add this mixture, beating gently, to the banana mixture, then spoon it into the prepared papers.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15–20 minutes, by which time the muffins should be dark, rounded and peeking proudly out of their cases. Allow to cool slightly in their tin before removing to a wire rack.
Credit to: https://www.nigella.com/recipes/chocolate-banana-muffins